School of Rock – Week 10 – GTD – Getting Things Done – Part 2

Image from BiggerPlate.com

Teens are overwhelmed, partly because they don’t yet have the skills to manage the unprecedented amount of stuff that enters their brains each day.  – from LifeHacker.com

“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”

“You can do anything, but not everything.”

― David Allen, (GTD) Getting Things Done for Teens: Take Control of Your Life in a Distracting Wor

• Bass Guitar Lessons
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfx0kzO3Vg

Screenshot from Animated Book Summary And Review at YouTube

You are going to learn to develop your own version of David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) process in this ‘room.’

• Teens are under a lot of pressure. This makes it hard to organize things. Making organized lists can help. Writing down whats on your mind is a good way to prioritize.

LAB

Examine Two GTD Maps: Basic and Detailed

CONTROL ROOM

• For my system I got a whiteboard to hang on my wall. I write all the things that I need to get done for the week on it. I separate each assignment by what class it is from. I also write down the due date in a different color next to it so that I can prioritize. Another thing I do if the assignment is big is write down the percentage of roughly how close I am to finishing the project.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• I have learned about the bedroom cleaning strategy. Simply pick things up and put them in a bin. Organize after your floor is clear